Thursday, March 26, 2009

27 Mar 09

I begin my Advanced Diploma in Post Production at Natcoll Technology next Wed (1 April). I intend to study 100% and learn everything I can.
I have not heard back from my writer for the 48 hr comp, so that causes me some concern. I just hope that she is still committed to it, as it would be good to have her on board. However, I will do the script if she cannot, because of her other commitments.
I have put some hardening compound on my tripod in an attempt to fix it. I am still not confident that it will hold, so as a added precaution, I will use duct tape to further bind it, whenever I use the tripod.
I will hear back in May about the Creative NZ grant of $10,000, and if I receive it to finish my doco, or not.
I have finished the short version of Te Whakapouri. I am going to go with it, just how it is. Some people take years to write and rewrite a script. Not for me, I will write a film script quickly and efficiently. I know now the main formula for a independent movie, so the next time I start on a feature film, I will use those structures.
I will start on my storyboard (Te Whakapouri) at the library today. I intend to have everything in place by Wed next week! The storyboard, shot list, budget, crew, cast, etc. I then intend to send a detailed proposal to Creative NZ for funding, although I will seek to raise the money from other means regardless, in order to be able to film it etc.

No comments: