Tuesday, March 31, 2009

1 Apr 09

Today I begin my Diploma in Post Production Course at Natcoll. Hopefully I will gain precious knowledge from the course and advance my editing skills to a truly professional level.
I have completed the short film budget. The final figure is $37,538. So that is the target I will be aiming to raise ASAP. I am now having it translated (dialogue) into te reo Maori (it will have English subtitles). I am funding this myself. Plus I will be paying a Production Manager to come on board and help with the film as well. So the sooner I can acquire some finances, the better.
I am fully, 100% committed to this. I have the same feeling I have always had, when I commit to a artistic venture, knowing intuitively, it is going to come off. This absolute faith (well, 99%! Ha ha ha) is there now. There is always the 1% doubt, but, that is life. The main thing is, I am going to raise the finances however I can. I am going to do it. I am going to make this short movie, no matter what.
Whether you think you can
or whether you think you can't,
you are right.

No comments: