Tuesday, February 3, 2009

4 Feb 09

I am moving to Auckland today. The reality is, if I am to take my vision for my feature film (and my other film projects) to the next level, I need to step out of my comfort zone and move to where there are other visionaries. Simple as that. So even though I am apprehensive about the move, I am going to make it. And I am going to do so today.

The letter I personally handed out to all the main Maori organizations has had no response, so I am no longer going to bother with them at all. I will try other means to raise the putea I need for the movie.

The film industry here in Whangarei is ka mate...dead. There is no film industry. It is stagnant. And my creative wairua feels as if it is suffocating.

As for my Video Production Business, I will keep on track with that, but, in a different format, and in Auckland. I have a idea in mind which I shall pursue in Auckland and see what happens. But, I am not interested in doing T.V. ads, or weddings etc. My interest lies in making movies and documentaries, so I am going to pursue those things 100%.

I do not know what the future holds...But...I am the Master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

No comments: